Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Music to Bead By

After a long hiatus from beading I did a major piece today--beading to Kitaro's Ancient. If you like the city sounds of fire engines and police sirens smoothed into the scary sounds they use in horror movies, then Kitaro is a good pick for a quiet afternoon of crafting. I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek--I like his sweeping high-pitched whirling trills. Reminiscent of Suzanne Chiani's Velocity of Love,another fave.

The piece took about eight hours, total, and involved lots of wire manipulation. My wire manitpulation skills are rusty, no pun intended. I rarely step out of my comfort zone, when beading. Spell that "d.u.l.l" This was definitely a reach, and though I was not completely satisfied with the finished piece, after I got into it, I started having fun. There was quite a bit of making lemonade, so I played--and the play gave me new ideas to build on.

Maybe I won't hide out so long, before tackling another complicated piece. Put on another Kitaro--he served me well today.

No comments: