Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day Beatles

Went out to dinner tonight and the restaurant had the Beatles on. (Not, unfortunately, on a disc--oh, no, their background music was not up to the quality of the food--kept hearing Sleep Country ads--HATE THOSE!) We were talking, so I did not tune in to all the songs, but caught a good portion of Band on the Run and Love Me Do. I noticed probably for the first time in three plus decades how raw those are. Which of course might be a great part of their charm.

2 comments:

Jen said...

yay beatles! and yay for wings (that's who did Band on the Run)! you're going to like that Geoff Emerick book, I think.

Patty said...

Oh, yeah, I checked out the Beatles, and saw that it was actually Wings (1973) who did Band on the Run. I keep forgetting to put a hold on the GE book, darn it. You know, I scoffed (which is sort of like a cross between a sneeze and a cough, right?) at the crazy screaming girls who fainted and just generally made fools of themselves over the Beatles, but when I saw their movie, A Hard Days Night, I was converted. (Not to screaming and fainting and I already knew how to make a fool of myself--to being a Beatles fan.) They were fresh and they gave me a lift. Such is the power of music, whether it be Mozart, Rossini, Schubert, Prokofiev, Stravinsky, or the Beatles.