Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beating the Odds: Staying Upbeat

Today I accompanied, as caregiver, my disabled client first to her doctor's appointment and then to Winco for a shopping trip. The latter was a drawn out hoot.
Despite over four hours of gruelling work of loading and unloading twelve bags of groceries not once but five times, I was still laughing right up to the end. Certainly all those dashes with a heavily laden cart, from one end of the store to the other, for forgotten cans of corn, or bulk romano-parmesan, etc., were a giggle. But the real source of my upbeat mood: two women we had never met volunteered to help us bag all those groceries. I am sorry I do not know their names. But I cite them for today's Anonymous Humanitarian awards.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you were able to laugh. Sometimes it's the only thing for it!! and HOORAY for Anonymous Humanitarians!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»