Saturday, July 29, 2006

Migraine City

I have had a migraine every day now for seven days. Which is probably some sort of record. (Though I seem to recall having a migraine off and on for several weeks, this one is with me when I wake up, every morning.) Oh, I take a drug which ameliorates the pain, but the headache hovers there behind the pain, waiting to come out when the coast is clear. And the drug alters my moods and makes me snarky. (At least that is my excuse for my impatience, now that it is cool and beautifully sunny and heat cannot be blamed.)

I am not one for lying in dark rooms and being one with the throbbing but light is torture.

With or without the drug, I feel like I am in a capsule, not in the same world as everyone else. That feeling of distance brings out my cynicism, I note, while watching C-SPAN.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh. I hope the migraine clears off and you get some respite!

Patty said...

I am getting it starting Mon. of this week--that is, after two weeks of being in a fog.