Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update on Couple in Beirut

My son-in-law's sister and her husband are finally out of Beirut. They were flown to Cyprus and will be returning to the U.S. on leave. This was not their choice. They intend to go back and wanted to go to Turkey, and wait there until it was safe to return to Lebanon.

Looking at the news, one wonders if it will ever be safe. Interesting that the U.S. disagrees with the idea of a cease fire on the grounds that Hezbollah=terrorists need to be disarmed. And that will work as well as it has in Iraq?

3 comments:

Patty said...

Thank you, mustardseed, for your comment. Since my writing Bush has joined Blair in an apparent attempt to bring about peace talks.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»