Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Beyond Books

Reading other peoples blogs, those beautiful creations, complete with pictures and links, I conceive of books in the future cast on walls, projected from computers, complete with moving pictures and sound--references within references.

We now have illustrated books--these would be like that, but with layered images (yeah, I stole that from Crusie).

I am not thinking of movies with extended subtitles, rather book-lengthy streams of the written language I revere, but embellished, with images, sounds, music.

Books of the future could be add-ons--readers adding their own words/images/references. Sharing them online.

The hitch would be the "my mine mine" factor--the desire to be the sole author, not part of a collaborative effort.

Also, one could become so addicted to the creation of even a single book that one could spend a lifetime online, reading/watching/listening and submitting, reading/watching/listening and submitting.

Sounds good, actually.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think the internet/ blogs (the good ones, anyway) are already sort of serving that purpose in a way...

I am always amazed at the wonderful things I would have never imagined that one runs across on the internet.

(and ::cough cough:: pictures and links are not that difficult to accomplish, Mz. Patty.)

Patty said...

Jen, I am wanting to break out of the computer mode here--the small screen. Open it up. Flash it on the wall. Could even flow endlessly. About pictures and links--You are too right!